What is the requirement for contractors working within the Town?

The Town of Argyle requires that a contractor be registered as a business in order to obtain permits. The registration does not necessarily mean that a contractor is a reputable businessperson. Homeowners should always check references before hiring a contractor. Homeowners should always require their contractors to obtain the proper permits and inspections. Homeowners may choose to pay a contractor based upon approval of Town inspections. Individuals or business entities wanting to register as a contractor with the community development department, must provide a complete contractor registration application, a valid trade license, or driver’s license if not a trade, and a certificate of insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000.

Show All Answers

1. How many sets of plans are needed for new home construction?
2. What types of projects require a permit?
3. Do retail food establishments have guidelines under a boil water order?
4. What is the zoning of my property?
5. Is my property in the Town or the ETJ?
6. Why does the Town of Argyle require building permits?
7. What are some of the common permits I should be concerned with?
8. How does one get a permit?
9. Can I do the work myself or must I hire a contractor?
10. What is the requirement for contractors working within the Town?
11. How do inspections work?
12. Who do I need to contact for water connections?