How do I rezone my property?

The zoning on a specific piece of property can change only through a public hearing process. This process allows public participation from the applicant, interested citizens, and decision makers. The process requires public notification, public hearings, and final approval by the Town Council.

An applicant may seek a change to establish a use not permitted in the current zoning district. The applicant may use the zoning process to request rezoning to a district that will permit the use outright, or by a Specific Use Permit.

Specific Use Permits are permitted exclusively by specific permit approval by the Council. Fees and processing of an SUP are similar to a zoning case.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. How do I rezone my property?
3. Who may apply for a zoning change?
4. How can a resident participate in the zoning process? How can I support or oppose a request?
5. What is a Planned Development?