Driver's Safety Course
In order to complete a driver’s safety course to dismiss your citation, you must first make a request to the court by your initial appearance date on your citation.
MANDATORY DRIVER’S SAFETY COURSE
- Your requests needs to be timely. (No later than the appearance date on the citation. If date is on a holiday then defendant has until next business day)
- The offense must qualify (should be involving the operation of a motor vehicle such as moving violations, obeying warning signs, rules of the road or operation of motor vehicle by minor. For safety belt violations defendant must complete special driving safety class w/instructions on child restraints)
- You must qualify:
- Cannot hold a commercial driver’s license or held one the time the offense was committed.
- Must not have completed a driver’s safety course within the preceding 12 months from the date of the offense.
- Must produce evidence of financial responsibility under the Texas Motor Vehicle Responsibility Act.
- Must produce a valid Texas driver’s license or permit or be a member, spouse or dependent child of a member of the U.S. military forces serving on active duty.
- You must pay a fee of $144.00 when making request. If you are requesting by mail, include a check or money order made payable to the Argyle Municipal Court.
Other Excluded Offenses:
- Speeding 25 mph or more over posted speed limit
- Speed of 95 mph or more
- Offense committed in construction zone with workers present
- Accident involving damage to vehicle
- Duty to give information and render aid
- Passing a school bus
- Reckless driving
- Fleeing or attempting to allude police officer
Driver's Safety Course Request Form/Resources
I have completed my course and have obtained my driving record. Where do I submit my proof?
You may submit your driver’s safety course certificate and certified copy of driving record to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 609 Argyle, Tx 76226, or in person at 308 Denton St. Argyle, TX 76226.