Obtaining a Crash Report
Crash reports require 8 to 10 business days processing time before they are available to the public. You must provide at least two of the following in order to obtain an accident report:
- Date of accident
- Location of accident
- Name(s) of driver(s) / party(s) involved
- Incident number, if available
Section 550.065(c-1) of the Transportation Code requires the Town to provide a redacted copy of an accident report to all members of the public.
There are 3 options to obtain a crash report:
Section 550.065(c) of the Transportation Code provides that certain individuals have a right of access to a full copy of an accident report.
- Purchase online by clicking here for $6 (provides immediate access to the report, only available for accidents that occurred on or after November 1, 2009)
- Purchase in person at 506 North Highway 377, Argyle, Texas for $6
- Purchase by mail by sending a check / money order for $6 (made payable to the Town of Argyle) plus a self addressed stamped envelope with your request to:
APD, Records Division
P.O. Box 609
Argyle, TX 76226
Accident / Crash reports are not available until 8 to 10 business days after the accident occurred. They are posted to the Internet site as soon as they are approved.