Important Information Regarding Public Information Requests
Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all Town of Argyle facilities are closed as of March 18, 2020 through April 3, 2020.
Section 552.233 of the Government Code recognizes cities in disaster situations are primarily concerned with public safety actions. Due to the closure of Town offices, the Town is suspending open records requests. The Town is unable to respond to public information requests during this time. Any public information requests currently pending or submitted during this time will be responded to once the Town reopens. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this uncertain time.
If you have an urgent need for records, please call 940-271-4262.
The Administration Department is responsible for overseeing the management of day-to-day operations of the Town. The department is comprised of the Town Manager, Town Secretary and support staff. The department provides support to the Town Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, and the Argyle Economic Development Corporation.
The Town Manager serves as the chief administrative officer of the Town and is responsible to the Town Council for the proper management and administration of all affairs of the Town as set forth by Town ordinances, resolutions, other directives as established by the Town Council, and applicable state law. The Town Manager’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Ensuring effective intergovernmental representation of the Town’s interest in local, regional, state and national affairs
- Managing all operating Town departments
- Personnel management and training
- Preparing and managing oversight of the Town’s annual budget
- Providing professional staff assistance to the Town Council
The Town Secretary conducts general and special elections in compliance with the Texas Election Code, facilitates Town Council meetings and work sessions and provides other Town Council support as needed. The Town Secretary serves as the Town’s human resources director, providing human resources management and operational services for the Town employees including:
- Selection and placement of employees
- Classification, salary and benefits administration
- Coordination employee training and development
- All other employee relations assistance for Town employees